Happy New Year to everyone! I hope everyone had a great holiday season and brought the New Year in as best they could. I know that the year of 2009 was an amazing year for me.
- Went to Cincinnati for Spring Can-Am’s
- Went to Canada and qualified for the World Championship Team
- Went to Brazil and won Gold, 2 Silver and 2 Bronze
- Won the 100M Butterfly and walked a way a World Class Athlete and a World Record holder
- Got my first Tattoo
- Was recognized by the Mayor of Garner for my Outstanding Character
- Was named number 4 North Carolina Athlete of the Decade
On January 22, 2010 I will have the opportunity to speak to the entire student body of the Governor Moorhead School for the Blind. I love to give back to a great school that does so many amazing things for the Raleigh area visually impaired population. I will be speaking for 30 minutes followed by 30 minutes of question and answer session.
The New Year is off to a great start so far. I am proud to announce that AmbuTech Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of mobility canes and mobility aids for the blind and visually impaired, have agreed to partner with me and become a sponsor. I am really excited about this opportunity and will be sharing more details at a later date.
This upcoming year has a whole lot in store as far as swimming goes. I have a meet in Texas the weekend of March 25th. This meet is huge as I will have to swim extremely fast to insure a spot on the US Team for the 2010 Long Course IPC Swimming World Championships that will head to the Netherlands in August.
So now it is back into the pool and the weight room. I have a long 7-month stretch ahead and I am ready to put my working cap back on. So please follow me and I will keep you up to date on everything.
Until next time,